World Energy Storage Day (WESD) virtual Global Conference & Expo is organized to commemorate the 5th WESD to foster a global ecosystem for the promotion of energy storage and emerging technologies. The 24-hour marathon event will be held on September 22, 2021, covering four global regions (encompassing Asia Pacific, India – Russia, Europe – the Middle East & Africa, and North & South America) with sessions on stationary energy storage, e-mobility, and charging infrastructure, manufacturing, innovation, R&D and green hydrogen. The event is expected to attract global participation from over 100 countries with an intent to facilitate bilateral trade, market development, and new research and innovation with the participation of regulators, policymakers, and international speakers.
The conference will also have nine parallel workshops organized by various partners. These workshops aim to help in skill development, to understand and learn the fundamentals of advanced energy storage technology trends, to bring together stakeholders to catalyze partnerships and activities, share experience on best-practice technologies, to help identify any gaps, and international co-operation.
• To encourage start-ups in the Smart Energy, Energy Storage, Electric Mobility, Green Hydrogen, and IoT a Start-Up workshop is supported by New Energy Nexus and TiE India Angels. • Battery Fires in ESS & EVs Workshop is organized by Underwriters Laboratories to help create awareness about safety and standards.
• Energy Storage Project Modelling workshop organized by Customized Energy Solutions (CES). • Workshop on Battery Recycling & Re-Use in Sub- Saharan region supported by The World Bank and Global Battery Alliance.
• Energy Access Workshop organized by India Energy Storage Alliance and Alliance for Rural Electrification.
• Long-Duration Energy Storage will provide information on the US DOE Earth shot initiative and is supported by US Department of Energy (DoE).
• Additional workshops on EV Infrastructure and Urban Air Mobility are all set to have an engaging discussion with the participants.
• Women in Energy Forum by India Energy Storage Alliance, Clean Tech business Forum by CleanTech Business Club will also take place during the event.
The event will have four conference tracks each of eight hours that will be available to the participants in different languages namely English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Korean, Spanish, Hindi, and French. Leading organizations, Government bodies, National Labs, and Associations across the globe will be presenting their country’s contribution in the sector and will deliberate on the latest trends. The regions are divided as
• R1- Australia & New Zealand, Singapore, Philippines, China, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea (Timing- 06:00 – 1:30 IST; 10:00 – 17:30 ACST; 09:30 – 17:00 JST & KST; 8:30 – 16:00 CST; Singapore)
• R2- India, SAARC & Russia Region (Timing- 9:30 – 17:30 IST)
• R3- Europe, UK, MEA (Middle East, Africa (Timing- 13:30 – 21:00 IST; 10:00 – 19:30 CEST; 10:00 – 19:30 SAST; 11:00 – 20:30 MSK; 12:00 – 21:30 UAE; 09:00- 18:30 BST)
• R4- USA, Canada, and Latin America Brazil (Timing- 20:30 – 04:00 IST; 11:00 – 16:30 EDT; 10:00 – 17:30 CDT; 8:00 – 15:30 PDT