- Sembcorp Energy India bags 400 MW solar power project in Rajasthan
Sembcorp Energy India (SEIL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sembcorp Industries has bagged a bid for 400 megawatt solar power project in Rajasthan. The firm said it bagged the bid through its renewables subsidiary, Sembcorp Green Infra, in an auction conducted by the Solar Energy Corporation of India .
- Tata Power receives order for 110 MW solar power project from KSEBL
Tata Power has received an order from the Kerala State Electricity Board Limited (KSEBL) to develop a 110-megawatt (MW) solar power project in the state. The company received a Letter of Award (LOA) from the KSEBL on Wednesday.
- ITC aims to meet 100 percent of energy needs from renewable sources by 2030
ITC Ltd said on Wednesday it has set a target to meet 100 per cent of its purchased grid electricity requirements from renewable sources by 2030.
- Tata Power,SIDBI partners to provide solar financing to MSMEs
Tata Power has announced its partnership with SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) to offer easy and affordable financing scheme for MSME customers in the rooftop solar segment. This scheme will empower MSMEs to adopt sustainable energy for their businesses and promote greener tomorrow.
- World’s largest Floating Solar Plant at Omkareshwar Dam, MP to start by 2023
The construction work of 600 MW, world’s largest floating solar project at Omkareshwar dam on Narmada river in Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh once completed will begin power generation by year 2022-23. Madhya Pradesh’s new and renewable energy minister Hardeep Singh Dang in a statement said the estimated investment in this project stands at Rs 3,000 crore.
- Solar panels damaged ahead of formal launch, was installed as part of Bhopal smart city project
Before the formal inauguration, solar panels installed as part of Bhopal smart city project have reportedly started showing signs of wear-and-tear. The 750 KW solar project at Upper lake front is a Bhopal smart city project.
- Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) to install solar systems at gurdwaras
The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) on Tuesday announced plan to install solar systems at historic gurdwaras to reduce the cost of electricity and a plan would be drawn for the preparation of ‘langar’ by steam.
- EESL signs MoU with NHAI for setting up solar power projects, EV charging stations
Energy Efficiency Services Limited has signed a MoU with National Highways Authority of India for setting up solar power projects, energy efficient LED lighting and EV charging stations at NHAI establishments.
- Tripartite agreement signed on the open access to solar power generated in Manuguru
A tripartite agreement on the open access to solar power generated in Manuguru area by Singareni Collieries Company Ltd (SCCL) was signed recently between SCCL, Transmission Corporation of Telangana Ltd and Northern Power Distribution Company of Telangana Limited.
- Chinese firm Sungrow announced its cumulative shipments to India exceeded 7 GW by end of 2020
Chinese solar PV inverter manufacturer Sungrow has announced that its cumulative shipments to India exceeded 7 GW by the end of the year 2020. Out of the cumulative 7 GW, it sold at least 3 GW in 2020 alone.
- Vikram Solar Launch Next-Gen Series 6 PV Modules- Somera and Prexos
Vikram Solar has launched Series 6 modules – Somera and Prexos, with next-generation M6 type of cells. The company in a statement said that the new Series 6 modules will provide higher power output of up to 505 watt-peak (Wp) and efficiency of more than 21%. The Series 6 modules are also cost-effective as it reduces the overall project cost and increases project-level cost savings for the customers.
Climate Samurai Members support independent journalism at a time when trusted storytelling, climate awareness and community engagement is more important than ever. We have small but strong editorial team that brings you uninfluenced and curated news that you can trust. To support truly independent journalism, please consider taking a subscription which is free like our thought.