This week’s Solar News Wrap includes top stories like NHPC’s 600 MW solar park, MNRE framework, JinkoSolar Eagle, India Energy Forum and more.
- Hydropower major, NHPC gearing up to develop 600 Megawatt (MW) ultra-mega solar park in Deoria district of Uttar Pradesh. This major development was announced by A K Singh, Chief managing director, NHPC in a virtual event.
- As the government is trying to provide a level-playing field to domestic solar power equipment manufacturers, the business is set to become profitable, it will help more capacity to be set up locally over the next two-four years, said Azure Power CEO speaking to ET.
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has proposed a framework for promoting application of distributed renewable energy (DRE) in rural areas. DRE applications are powered by renewable energy and are used for earning livelihoods directly solar dryer, solar powered cold storage, solar charkha, solar lighting systems.
- The Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi will deliver the inaugural address at India Energy Forum by CERAWeek scheduled from October 26-28. India Energy Forum by CERAWeek, now in its fourth year, is hosted by IHS Markit.
- JinkoSolar launched a suite of new products under the “Eagle” name during virtual Solar Power International tradeshow. Both high-power solar panels and energy storage systems were showcased by the solar panel manufacturer.
New panels include:
- Eagle 60HM G2: 330-W half-cell mono PERC module
- Eagle 72HM G2: 410-W half-cell mono PERC module
- Eagle 72HM G3: 405-W bifacial half-cell mono PERC module
- Eagle 66TR G4: 390-W tiling-ribbon mono module (using larger M10 wafers)
- Eagle 78TR G4b: 475-W tiling-ribbon bifacial mono module (using larger M10 wafers)
- Solex marks the commencement of its 1.5GW PV module mfg. facility with ground breaking ceremony near Surat. A few months ago, Solex Energy Limited had announced the expansion of its solar module manufacturing facility to 1.5GW. The pandemic and the resulting call for being ‘Atma Nirbhar’ has propelled the plans for setting up the facility at a rapid pace.
- BHEL has floated tender for the operation and maintenance of NTPC’s 50 MW solar power plant at Ananthapur, Andhra Pradesh for a period of 11 months.
- WAAREE Energies, solar module manufacturer has recently strengthened its presence in West of African continent by opening franchise in Conarky and shall have a new showroom which will be single point of contact for all requirements in Conarky.
- Schneider Electric and SolarEdge Partner to Accelerate Residential Solar Market with Smart Home Energy Solution in North America.
- Sterling and Wilson has announced that its Hybrid & Energy Storage division, in consortium partnership with French EPC company Vergnet and SNS Niger, has signed an EPC contract to construct a Solar PV Battery Storage and Diesel Genset based hybrid power plant in Niger, in West Africa.