Top news from solar industry
1. Power minister R. K. Singh on Tuesday said India is planning to replace retiring coal-fired power plants with Renewable generating capacity in a bid to cut the nation’s Carbon Footprint.
2. Rays Experts has announced that it has successfully commissioned 6 SolarParks in Rajasthan with the combined power of 600 MW.
3. UL has announced the launch of a new laboratory to meet the growing demand of the Indian solar PV industry for testing and certification services as per the latest International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards.
5. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has issued amendments to the guidelines for ‘Tariff Based Competitive Bidding Process for Procurement of Power from Grid Connected Solar PV Power Projects’.
6. RenewSys has announced that it has increased its manufacturing capacity of encapsulant lines to 3 GW from its current 1.65 GW capacity. The company also expanded the backsheet capacity to 4 GW from the existing 3 GW capacity.
7. Kochi Metro Rail Ltd (KMRL) will increase the capacity of its solar power production by commissioning an additional 5.4MWP capacity system on its buildings and tracks this year.
8. Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant. Addressing a virtual conference ‘India PV Edge 2020 said that India has opportunity to become global hub for solar PV manufacturing.
9. Uttarakhand Chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched the ambitious ‘Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana’ which aims to generate self-employment to 10,000 people in the state.
10. The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) has launched an online rating tool, the Portal for Renewable Energy Action Assessment Metrics (PRAMAAN), for organizations to assess their actions towards renewable power.