The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, India and the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Sustainable Development of Morocco recently signed MoU in the field of new and renewable energy.
The objective of this MoU is to establish the basis for a cooperative institutional relationship to encourage and promote bilateral technical cooperation on new and renewable energy on the basis of mutual benefit, equality and reciprocity between the Parties.
The areas of cooperation will focus on development of new and renewable energy technologies:
- Solar Energy
- Small Hydro
- Biomass/ Bio-energy
- Capacity building
Cooperation under this Memorandum of Understanding may take the following modalities:
- Exchange and training of scientific and technical personnel;
- Exchange of scientific and technological available information and data;
- Organization of workshops, seminars and working groups;
- Transfer of equipment, know-how and technology on non-commercial basis;
- Development of joint research or technical projects on subjects of mutual interest; and
- Other modalities as may be decided upon by the Parties.
Both the countries will designate one main representative each to the Joint Working Group for the aforesaid activities. The Joint Working Group will, to the extent possible, conduct the work through “electronic communication” but meet alternately in India and Morocco whenever considered necessary. The Joint Working Group can co-opt other members from scientific institutions, research centres, universities or any other entity, as and when considered essential.