REC Group launched its brand-new N-Peak high-performance solar panel at Intersolar Europe in Munich. The new panel breaks fresh ground for REC and the industry: this is the first solar panel to combine n-type mono half-cut cells with a twin-panel design, and promises excellent power output of up to 330 watt peak allied to lasting performance.
The production of n-type mono cells kicks off at the end of June in REC’s brand-new industry 4.0 manufacturing building at the company’s Singapore plant. The first N-Peak modules are scheduled to roll off the line in August.
REC Group CEO Steve O’Neil introduced the new module at the company’s booth, saying, “The new REC N-Peak writes the next chapter in our company narrative. We are taking a big step by leapfrogging into advanced n-mono technology, reinforcing our reputation as an innovator of reliable and efficient solar panels. It is one thing to design high efficiency products on a lab scale, but a totally different one to bring it to mass production. This helps make REC Solar’s Most Trusted.”
The REC N-Peak Series builds on the success of REC’s multiple award winning TwinPeak technology. Already recognized by an Intersolar award in 2015, REC is well-known for being a pioneer for half-cut cells and its twin panel design. Key highlights of the new N-Peak include:
- REC’s most powerful 60-cell module ever
- The world’s first solar module to combine n-type mono half-cut cells with a twin-panel design
- Mono n-type is the most efficient crystalline silicon technology
- Up to 330 watt peak
- Super-strong frame design: for loads of up to 7000 Pa
- Zero light-induced degradation
- 12-year product warranty and 0.5% annual degradation over 25-year power warranty, resulting in 86% of nameplate power after 25 years
- Improved performance in shaded conditions
- Flexible installation options
- Initial field tests carried out by the Solar Energy Research Institute of Singapore (SERIS) have shown that the new N-Peak offers a distinct energy yield advantage over competitive p-mono products
In the run-up to the launch, REC whetted appetites for the new release through a global marketing campaign, with creativepromotional videos being one of the highlights. Visitors to the REC booth had the opportunity for their first look at the new panel, with experts on hand to explain how it can help create more powerful and efficient installations in a range of scenarios.