The offshore wind resource around Taiwanese coast is considered excellent. More than 6,000MW potential capacity at water depths of less than 50m and with 16 of 20 best offshore wind sites in the world, Taiwan is considered as one of the most wonderful areas for offshore wind energy exploration. Based on this advantage,
Taiwanese government announces an extensive plan to speed up the deployment of offshore wind energy and promote green energy development in recent years.
Bureau of Energy, Taiwan aims to reach 5,500MW of offshore wind energy by 2025. Apart from 738MW, which will be completed by Swancor and WPD before 2020, the remaining project around 4,800MW will be completed from 2021 to 2025. Also, plan is being made to add another 5000-6000MW installed capacity of offshore wind after 2025, where both the bid-winners and the new-comers are attracted to and would like to take a share.
Given that it also takes time to get the construction permit and the promise scheme from the Bureau of Energy, the project developers of the market who have to complete the project from 2021 to 2025, need to identify capable local partners and find suitable international suppliers no later than June of 2020. In this regard, the practical matching-making between foreign and local is of demand at present.
For 2nd TOWES 2018, we are dedicated to building a networking and match-making platform for all concerned industrial players to share knowledge and to exchange business contacts in this emerging market.
2nd TOWES 2018 Highlights
Conference & Exhibition (November 06-07, 2018)
200+ professional participants from Government & Regulators, Power Utilities, IPPs, Energy Developers, EPC Contractors, vendors etc.
20+ exhibitors will showcase the latest technologies, products.
B2B Match-Making Forum (November 06-07, 2018)
The forum will be held in the form of one-to-one meetings between local and international companies, it will not only focusing on the project investment and financing, but also the local-international cooperation and technology transferring.
Over 10 local companies were present in the 1st TOWES 2018 Match-Making Forum. 22 capable investors, developers and contractors were connected to the local companies during the match-making session.
2nd TOWES 2018 Schedule Planning
Conference & Exhibition (6-7 November, 2018)
- 300+ professional participants from Government & Regulators, Power Utilities, IPPs, Project Developers, EPC Contractors, etc.
- 30+ exhibitors will showcase the advanced technologies, produces and capacities.
- The best opportunity to learn first-hand information and explore business in Taiwan’s offshore wind sector
Project Match-Making Forum (6-7 November, 2018)
- The ideal occasion for project owners, sponsors and other potential partners to host one-on-one discussion for potential cooperation to kick-start the development of the offshore wind project.
- Mainly focus on the projects that failed to reach the key milestones for the offshore wind, but still open for investors and EPCs.