Sterling and Wilson Solar Ltd ‘s US subsidiary bagged a contract worth USD 99 million to construct a solar project in the United States of America.Here we bring you few points that you should know about the project.
- The company in a regulatory filing said its US subsidiary, Sterling and Wilson Solar Solutions Inc (SWSS), has been awarded a USD 99 million (INR 747 crore) contract to construct a 194 MW project in the US.
- The project is being developed by a leading sustainable energy company, and will be co-located in an area that has substantial wind development in operation.
- The project will start in September 2020
- It will be commissioned by November next year
- SWSS will be managing the entire turnkey execution for the photovoltaic project.
- Once commercially operational, the plant will produce enough solar energy to power over 35,000 homes.
- On the completion of the project it will save approximately 275,000 metric tonnes of carbon emissions.
- The plant will be utilising bifacial technology to increase production of power density.
SWSS Country Head Amit Jain said “We are delighted to have been awarded this project in USA, which has some of the best renewable energy resources in the world. Sterling and Wilson Solar Solutions, Inc is focused on technological efficiency, performance, consumer centricity, and execution which has helped us to win and build projects in this strategically located market.”