The Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday dedicated Asia’s largest solar project to the Nation. Here we bring you few things that you should know about the project
Glimpses from the solar power project that was inaugurated in Rewa, Madhya Pradesh, this morning. pic.twitter.com/uZOZ0YXxAQ— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 10, 2020
- The 750 MW solar power project has been developed at Rewa in Madhya Pradesh.
- PM Modi inaugurated the solar power project via video conferencing.
- At the Inauguration the Prime Minister said Rewa project will make the entire region a major hub for pure and clean energy in this decade.
- Power generated from the project will be supplied to t the Delhi Metro, along with the entire region surrounding Rewa.
- DMRC will receive 24 percent of the energy supply from the Rewa solar project.
- This mega solar power project is comprised of three solar generating units of 250 MW each located on a 500-hectare plot of land situated inside a solar park.
- According to reports Mahindra Renewables Pvt, Arinsun Clean Energy Pvt, and ACME Jaipur Solar Power Pvt are building the three solar power generating units.
- Central financial assistance of Rs 138 crore has been provided to Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL) for development of the solar park.
- The solar power project is said to reduce the country’s emission drastically, by an amount equivalent to 15 lakh tonne of carbon dioxide annually.
- The Rewa Ultra Mega Solar (RUMSL) is a joint venture between Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) and the Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam (MPUVNL).
- The solar power units will be located on a 500-hectare plot of land inside a 1,500-hectare solar park.
- PM said very soon Madhya Pradesh would be the main centre of Solar Energy in India, as such major projects are in progress in Neemuch, Shajapur, Chattarpur and Omkareshwar.
- The biggest beneficiaries of this would be the poor, the middle class, the tribals, the farmers of Madhya Pradesh..
- PM Modi termed such Solar Energy projects are a true representation of Aatmanirbhar Bharat (Self-Reliant India).
- The Prime Minister said that the protection of the environment is not limited to just a few projects, but it is the Way of Life.
[jetpack_subscription_form subscribe_placeholder=”Enter your email address” show_subscribers_total=”false” button_on_newline=”false” submit_button_text=”Sign Up” custom_background_emailfield_color=”undefined” custom_background_button_color=”undefined” custom_text_button_color=”undefined” custom_font_size=”16″ custom_border_radius=”50″ custom_border_weight=”2″ custom_border_color=”#fcb900″ custom_padding=”15″ custom_spacing=”10″ submit_button_classes=”has-fcb-900-border-color has-background has-electric-grass-gradient-background” email_field_classes=”has-fcb-900-border-color” show_only_email_and_button=”true” ]