YES Bank has released its Sustainability Report FY 2020-21 titled ‘Advancing Responsible Banking’. The Bank continues to improve its environmental performance, strengthen its governance & disclosures, and adopt benchmark sustainability practices.
Key highlights from the report
· Global commitments: Only Indian Bank to support global initiatives to tackle climate & nature-related risks, including Physical Risk & Resilience Commitment and Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures
· Climate Action:First Indian Bank to measure and report financed emission of its electricity generation sector loan exposure, with a targeted approach to reduce emissions. In FY 2020-21, YES BANK has extended financing solutions of INR 575 Crore for Solar Projects of 950 MW
· ESG and Climate Ratings: Only Indian Bank to be included in the 100 Best Emerging Market Performers ranking by V.E, part of Moody’s ESG Solutions and Rated A – (Leadership Band) by CDP for 2020 Climate Change disclosures
· Community development:200+ volunteering hours and INR 21 lakh+ contributed by YES BANKers towards social causes
· Digital Innovation And Leadership: YES BANK continues to maintain a laser-sharp focus on fostering innovation and leveraging technological developments to enhance the banking experience for its customers. It has adopted a holistic approach towards going digital and has integrated this strategy across its banking ecosystem.
The report continues to align with international benchmark disclosure frameworks such as Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, Taskforce on Climate-related Financial disclosures recommendations and Principles for Responsible Banking. The Report is also externally assured in accordance with GRI standards.
The report can be accessed here.