Enphase Energy has announced the introduction of Enphase IQ microinverters across India for the Enphase Microinverter System with IQ.
The IQ family of microinverters is powered by Enphase’s unique software-defined architecture, resulting in an efficient design and a single hardware SKU worldwide.
The IQ family of microinverters produces 18% more power and is 31% lighter and 15% smaller than the current M-Series microinverters, which they replace. IQ microinverters offer the same ease of installation with revolutionary new two-wire cabling, and leverage semiconductor integration for higher reliability and better economies of scale said the company in a statement.
The IQ family of microinverters supports modules up to 440 Wp, as well as 60- and 72-cell modules. In addition, Enphase’s innovative Envoy-S communications gateway offers installers the ability to use both IQ 6 and IQ 7 microinverters interchangeably on any installation.
“We are pleased to introduce our IQ family of microinverters to the rapidly growing solar market in India,” said Nathan Dunn, managing director of Enphase Energy APAC. “With Enphase’s growing footprint across the sub-continent, installers will benefit from our latest IQ microinverter technology by reducing their installation and maintenance costs, and bringing greater value to their customers. The IQ family of microinverters is designed and proven to operate in harsh and dusty conditions such as India’s. They are IP67 certified, highly reliable and are truly made for India, making them an ideal solution for the growing power purchase agreement (PPA) market.”
Key Features of IQ family of microinverters :
- Seamless integration into the Enphase Microinverter System with IQ, as well as energy monitoring and insights from the Enphase Enlighten software platform’s easy-to-use interface.
- Greater reliability achieved via BOM reduction enabled by a new 55nm ASIC chip.
- Fast and easy installation with the lighter two-wire Enphase Q Cable.
- Improved yield, reliability and reduced operations and maintenance (O&M) ensure higher retained value and a stable return on investment.
- Efficient asset management through granular fleet monitoring and planned maintenance.
IQ microinverters in India are currently available through distributors Sun-AP Ecopower and Waaree Energies Ltd.